In managing emissions, the Company is fully committed to reducing the amount of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and ozone-depleting substance (ODS) emissions. The main source of emissions from PT TIMAH Tbk operational activities is from mining equipment that uses fossil fuels, namely diesel, and gasoline, as well as the installation of diesel-fueled power plants.
To reduce the amount of GHG emissions, efforts are taken to use energy efficiency in every work unit and every line of the Company's activities, to get lower emissions intensity per tonne of product in accordance with the global scale tin production standard. Some of these initiatives implemented to reduce energy consumption and also mean to reduce the intensity of GHG emissions are as follows : [GRI 302-4] [F.12]
1. Replacing lighting equipment with LED lamps
2. Replacing non-inverter AC with inverter AC
3. Replacing CRT computer monitor with LCD monitor
4. Replacing the Company’s operational vehicles including forklifts periodically every 5 years
5. Energy saving program, by turning off the electricity when the office is not in operating.
Office, Houses, and Factory:
• Diverting electricity energy from Genset to PLN
Metallurgy Unit Factory:
1. Smelting recovery system (smelting of tin slag to produce tin dust with a grade of more than 60% Sn) by utilizing fuming furnace technology.
2. Increasing smelting recovery by 1.4% through the utilization of fuming furnace technology, from 97.6 to 99%.
3. Replacing fuels for fuming furnaces with more efficient, economic, and environmentally-friendly fuels, which is pulverized coal, previously the stationary reverberatory furnace uses marine oil fuel.
For further information regarding PT TIMAH Tbk's Emission Management Policies, please download below :